Singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham will kick off a tour of the northwest U.S. starting May 3.
The one-man show will feature Buckingham’s distinctive guitar-picking style and instantly recognizable voice with songs from his most recent album, “Seeds We Sow,” as well as favorites from his previous solo outings and Fleetwood Mac classics.
“As I’ve grown as an artist, I’ve gotten more and more in touch with my center, and that center is voice and guitar,” Buckingham said in a news release. “Over time it has become increasingly vital to express more with less; that is my touchstone now, and the embodiment of that philosophy is what will be largely represented in the new show. I’ve been thinking of doing this kind of tour for a while, and am quite excited to be doing something new, something outside my comfort zone.
Upcoming tour dates, cities and venues are:
• May 3, 2012: Solana Beach, Calif., Belly Up Tavern
• May 4: Los Angeles, The Wiltern
• May 5: San Juan Capistranao, Calif., Coach House
• May 6: Thousand Oaks, Calif., Fred Kavli Theatre/Thousand Oaks Civic Arts
• May 8: San Luis Obispo, Calif., Fremont Theater
• May 9: Fresno, Calif., Tower Theatre
• May 10: Carmel, Calif., Sunset Central Center
• May 11: Santa Cruz, Calif., Rio Theatre
• May 13: Sacramento, Calif., Crest Theatre
• May 14: San Francisco, the Fillmore
• May 15: Redding, Calif., The Cascade Theatre
• May 17: Bend, Ore., Tower Theatre
• May 18: Portland, Ore., Aladdin Theatre
• May 19: Seattle, The Neptune
• May 21: Spokane, Wash., Bing Crosby Theatre