This is the 93rd set of selections in The Goldmine Hall of Fame.
Bios of all selections and criteria for induction can be found on our website by clicking the Goldmine Hall of Fame tab. A running list of all announced inductees will be listed, also. These also can be found under “Great Blogs Of Fire” at the bottom of the page or by following this link – http://www.goldminemag.com/blogs/goldmine-hall-of-fame-inductees
The final section of the first stage of Goldmine’s Hall of Fame honors composers, specifically those who have written or co-written the most top 10 hits according to Billboard’s Hot 100 (or its predecessors) from 1955 through today. To qualify, a composer’s first top 10 entry must have occurred at least 25 years ago. Songs that have entered the top 10 more than once, intact or as part of medleys or sampling, are counted just once.
Since a great number of our leading composers already have been inducted, their entries will not be numbered, but will be listed in order of top 10 compositions, all of which will be shown. This will enable us to induct many more deserving composers as we push toward our final goal of 700 inductees. Writing credits will be determined by those listed as the composer on the actual records or sheet music.
(Previously inducted as a solo artist & with The Impressions)
(1) He Will Break Your Heart; (2) The Monkey Time; (3) It’s All Right; (4) Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um; (5) Keep On Pushing; (6) Amen; (7) Gypsy Woman; (8) Freddie’s Dead (Theme From “Superfly”); (9) Superfly; (10) On & On; (11) Let’s Do It Again; (12) Giving Him Something He Can Feel; (13) What You Know.
680. BERRY GORDY
(1) Lonely Teardrops; (2) You Got What It Takes; (3) I Love The Way You Love; (4) Shop Around; (5) Do You Love Me; (6) I’m Living In Shame; (7) You’ve Made Me So Very Happy; (8) I Want You Back; (9) ABC; (10) The Love You Save; (11) I’ll Be There; (12) Mama’s Pearl; (13) Sugar Daddy.
(Previously inducted as a solo artist & with The Eagles)
(1) Witchy Woman; (2) Best Of My Love; (3) One Of These Nights; (4) Lyin’ Eyes; (5) Take It To The Limit; (6) New Kid In Town; (7) Hotel California; (8) Heartache Tonight; (9) The Long Run; (10) I Can’t Tell You Why; (11) Dirty Laundry; (12) The Boys Of Summer; (13) The End of the Innocence.
(Previously inducted as a solo artist)
(1) Diana; (2) You Are My Destiny; (3) Lonely Boy; (4) Put Your Head On My Shoulder; (5) It’s Time To Cry; (6) Puppy Love; (7) My Home Town; (8) Dance On Little Girl; (9) She’s A Lady; (10) (You’re) Having My Baby; (11) One Man Woman/One Woman Man; (12) I Don’t Like To Sleep Alone; (13) Love Never Felt So Good.
(Previously inducted as a solo artist)
(1) Just The Way You Are; (2) My Life; (3) You May Be Right; (4) It’s Still Rock & Roll To Me; (5) Tell Her About It; (6) Uptown Girl; (7) An Innocent Man; (8) You’re Only Human (Second Wind); (9) Modern Woman (from “Ruthless People”); (10) A Matter of Trust; (11) We Didn’t Start the Fire; (12) I Go To Extremes; (13) The River Of Dreams.
681. MORT SHUMAN
(1) Turn Me Loose; (2) A Teenager In Love; (3) Hound Dog Man; (4) Go, Jimmy, Go; (5) Save The Last Dance For Me; (6) Surrender; (7) Little Sister; (8) (Marie’s The Name) His Latest Flame; (9) Can’t Get Used To Losing You; (10) Suspicion; (11) Little Children; (12) This Magic Moment.
682 DESMOND CHILD
(1) You Give Love A Bad Name; (2) Livin’ On A Prayer; (3) Angel; (4) I Hate Myself For Loving You; (5) Bad Medicine; (6) Born To Be My Baby; (7) Poison; (8) Just Like Jesse James; (9) How Can We Be Lovers; (10) What It Takes; (11) Livin’ La Vida Loca; (12) Waking Up In Vegas.
683. FREDDIE PERREN
(1) I Want You Back; (2) ABC; (3) The Love You Save; (4) Mama’s Pearl; (5) Sugar Daddy; (6) Boogie Fever; (7) Hot Line; (8) I Will Survive; (9) Shake Your Groove Thing; (10) Reunited; (11) Makin’ It; (12) It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday.
JOHN TAYLOR, SIMON LeBON & NICK RHODES
(Previously inducted with Duran Duran)
JOHN TAYLOR (1) Hungry Like The Wolf; (2) Is There Something I Should Know; (3) Union Of The Snake; (4) New Moon On Monday; (5) The Reflex; (6) The Wild Boys; (7) Some Like It Hot; (8) A View To A Kill; (9) Notorious; (10) I Don’t Want Your Love; (11) Ordinary World; (12) Come Undone.
SIMON LeBON (1) Hungry Like The Wolf; (2) Is There Something I Should Know; (3) Union Of The Snake; (4) New Moon On Monday; (5) The Reflex; (6) The Wild Boys; (7) A View To A Kill; (8) Election Day; (9) Notorious; (10) I Don’t Want Your Love; (11) Ordinary World; (12) Come Undone.
NICK RHODES (1) Hungry Like The Wolf; (2) Is There Something I Should Know; (3) Union Of The Snake; (4) New Moon On Monday; (5) The Reflex; (6) The Wild Boys; (7) A View To A Kill; (8) Election Day; (9) Notorious; (10) I Don’t Want Your Love; (11) Ordinary World; (12) Come Undone.
(Previously inducted with The Beach Boys)
(1) Be True To Your School; (2) Fun, Fun, Fun; (3) I Get Around; (4) When I Grow Up; (5) Little Honda; (6) Dance, Dance, Dance; (7) Help Me, Rhonda; (8) California Girls; (9) Wouldn’t It Be Nice; (10) Kokomo; (11) Good Vibrations; (12) Surfin USA.