Original drawings by John Lennon will among the lots featured at Guernsey’s Auction House’s Iconic Objects Auction.
Each lot for the sale, which will be held Sept. 24, 2010, will contain a significant item or collection of items that relate to a person or event that affected America’s culture or history. The event will be held at New York City’s Park Avenue Armory. On Sept. 25, the auction house will host a sale of vintage carousel horses and menagerie figures.
Featured lots in the Iconic Objects auction include:
• John Lennon original artwork and unpublished photographs
• The only known recordings of 26 speeches presented by Martin Luther King,
• Formerly top secret plans and maps for the D-Day invasion
• The Maltese Falcon statuette from the movie of that name
• An original painting by Maurice Sendak
• Historic original photographs of Marilyn Monroe
• Personal items from Frank Sinatra
• Barbra Streisand’s first test recording
• A Johnny Carson “Tonight Show” Collection
• Michael Jackson’s first test recording and Apollo-worn hat
• Liberace’s piano
• Elvis Presley’s personal jewelry
• Original early drawings by Andy Warhol
• Original early artwork by Keith Haring, an artist who worked with diverse performers including Madonna, Grace Jones and Yoko Ono.
• The last prints made by legendary rock photographer Jim Marshall
The sales are open to the public. Absentee bidding will be available on the Internet and via the telephone. For more information, call 212-794-2280 or visit www.guernseys.com.
For related items that you may enjoy in our Goldmine store:
• Get the closest thing to the full Woodstock experience with the book “Woodstock Peace, Music & Memories.”