Toto fans have a lot to celebrate.
The band’s “35th Anniversary Tour — Live In Poland” (Eagle Rock) debuted on top of the charts in the six countries (the U.S., Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland and Sweden) and entered the DVD chart at No. 2 in three more (the U.K., France and Canada).
Those who prefer to enjoy the band’s music in person will be able to catch the band live at two dozen different North American concerts this summer, most of which will be with Michael McDonald. (Scroll down for the full list of dates, cities and venues.)
But what may be the best news of all for fans is that the band will be heading back into the studio. The studio LP is planned for release in 2015 and will be the band’s first since 2006’s “Falling In Between.”
“After a long, wonderful, surreal and sometimes f*cked up 35+ years as a band, never in our minds did we imagine the good fortune we are now receiving,” guitarist Steve “Luke” Lukather said in a news release. “The reviews, the reaction from our longtime friends and supporters and the new friends we have made recently on tour are appreciated. We are blown away, and so very thankful and honestly surprised at the reception and success of this new live DVD out of the box! To be at the top of the DVD charts worldwide is an unreal but yet wonderful dream come true. After all we have been thru … the ups, downs, wins and losses, the hard punches and then the love, music and laughter … well … it all is so much more appreciated now than ever before. I know we can’t wait to see you on the road and wait till you check out the new album early next year. This is a band FAR from over! Much love and thanks to you all.”
While no specific release date, title or format information has been released for the new project, those interested in getting a Toto fix before then with “35th Anniversary Tour — Live In Poland” can do so with one of four packages: 2 CDs ($17.98), DVD ($14.98), Blu-ray ($19.98) or Deluxe Edition that features all of those formats plus a 60-page book ($79.98). Filmed June 25, 2013. in Lodz, Poland, the offering captures the band in the midst of a standing-room-only European tour. The two-hour plus performance features fan favorites and hits including “I’ll Be Over You,” “Rosanna,” “I Won’t Hold You Back,” “99,” “Africa.” “Pamela” and “Hold The Line.” Behind-the-scenes bonus content also is included.
With over 35 years together and thousands of credits and accolades to their names, Toto remains one of the top-selling tour and recording acts in the world. Its members have appeared as studio artists on more than 5,000 albums. The band also continues to raise awareness for amytrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, with which former Toto bassist Mike Porcaro has been diagnosed.
Scheduled North American tour dates, cities and venues featuring Toto and Michael McDonald are:
• Aug. 2, 2014: Grande Ronde, Ore., Spirit Mountain Casino
• Aug. 3: Marysville, Wash., Tulalip Resort Casino
• Aug. 5: Saratoga, Calif., The Mountain Winery
• Aug. 7: Los Angeles, The Greek Theatre
• Aug. 9: Indio, Calif., Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
• Aug. 10: Pala, Calif., Pala Casino Event Center
• Aug. 12: Salt Lake City, Red Butte Garden
• Aug. 14: Newkirk, Okla., First Council Casino Hotel
• Aug. 15: Tulsa, Okla., Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
• Aug. 16: Durant, Okla., Choctaw Event Center
• Aug. 19: Clearwater, Fla., Ruth Eckert Hall
• Aug. 20: Hollywood, Fla., Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hard Rock Live
• Aug. 22: Atlanta, Fox Theatre
• Aug. 23: Blue Ash, Ohio, Blue Ash Summit Park
• Aug. 24: Charleston, W.V., Clay Center for The Arts and Sciences
• Aug. 26: Lewiston, N.Y., Artpark
• Aug. 29: Highland Park, Ill., Ravinia Festival
• Aug. 30: Wisconsin Dells, Wis., Crystal Grand Music Theatre
• Aug. 31: Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Caesar’s Windsor, The Coliseum
• Sept. 3: Englewood, N.J., Bergen Performing ARts Center
• Sept. 4: Glenside, Pa., Keswick Theater (Toto only)
• Sept. 5: Lincoln, R.I., Twin River Casino Event Center
• Sept. 6: Atlantic City, N.J., Harrah’s, The Concert Venue
• Sept. 7: Newport News, Va., Ferguson Center For The Arts
For more information, visit the official Toto website at http://totoofficial.com/.