Phish bassist Mike Gordon is hitting the road to support his new solo album, “Moss,” which is set for an Oct. 19, 2010, release on Rounder Records.
Gordon said he had a number of goals in mind when making the 10-track album. He wanted the songs to be simpler and more accessible as well as highly original. He muses on matters of human consciousness and psychology.
Guest artists on the album include drummers Joe Russo and Doug Belote, organist Marco Benevento and Gordon’s Phish bandmates — keyboardist Page McConnell and drummer Jon Fishman.
Tour dates, venues and cities are:
- Nov. 6, Troubadour, West Hollywood, Calif.
- Nov. 7, The Independent, San Francisco
- Nov. 8, Aladdin Theater, Portland, Ore.
- Nov. 10, Crocodile Café, Seattle
- Nov. 11, Wilma Theatre, Missoula, Mont.
- Nov. 12, The State Room, Salt Lake City
- Nov. 13, Fox Theatre, Boulder, Colo.
- Nov. 14, The Waiting Room, Omaha, Neb.
- Nov. 16, Fine Line Music Café, Minneapolis
- Nov. 17, Barrymore Theatre, Madison, Wis.
- Nov. 18, Lincoln Hall, Chicago
- Nov. 19, Bluebird Nightclub, Bloomington, Ind.
- Nov. 20, Madison Theater, Covington, Ky.
- Nov. 22, Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland
- Nov. 23, Wescott Theatre, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Nov. 26, Port City Music Hall, Portland, Maine
- Nov. 27, Royale Nightclub, Boston.
For more information, visition www.mike-gordon.com.