MILWAUKEE — Peter Gabriel will headline the Marcus Amphitheater on the opening day of Summerfest 2011.
Gabriel's performance begins at 8:30 p.m. June 29, 2011. He will be accompanied by the New Blood Orchestra, including members of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, as he gives an orchestral makeover to his catalog of hits. Gabriel's album, "New Blood" is slated to be released later this year. Tickets for his performance go on sale at 10 a.m. April 2, and include Summerfest Admission.
Other confirmed festival headliners, their accompanying acts and dates of performance include:
• Kanye West with Kid Cudi, 7:30 p.m. June 30. Tickets go on sale March 26.
• Def Leppard with Heart, 7:30 pm. July 5. Tickets are on sale now.
• The Black Keys with Florence + The Machine and Cage The Elephants, 7:30 p.m. July 6. Tickets are on sale now.
• Katy Perry, 7:30 p.m. July 7. Tickets are on sale now.
• Jason Aldean with Chris Young and Thompson Square, 7 p.m. July 8. Tickets are on sale now.
• Sugarland with Sara Bareilles, 7:30 p.m. July 10. Tickets are on sale now.
Tickets can be purchased at the Marcus Amphitheater Box Office, Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, Wal-Mart stores, online at Ticketmaster.com and by phone at 1-800-745-3000 or 1-866-448-7849. Patrons also may utilize “ticketfast” at Ticketmaster.com to print bar-coded concert tickets from home.
Known as the World's Largest Music Festival, Summerfest 2011 will take place June 29 to July 3 and July 5 to July 10, from noon to midnight daily. In addition to the Marcus Amphitheater and 10 additional stages, along with a diverse selection of food and beverage vendors, marketplaces and interactive exhibits, are set against the Lake Michigan and downtown backdrops, creating a festival experience like no other. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest. For more details visit Summerfest.com.