This is the 92nd set of selections in The Goldmine Hall of Fame.
Bios of all selections and criteria for induction can be found on our website by clicking the Goldmine Hall of Fame tab. A running list of all announced inductees will be listed, also. These also can be found under "Great Blogs Of Fire" at the bottom of the page or by following this link - http://www.goldminemag.com/blogs/goldmine-hall-of-fame-inductees
The final section of the first stage of Goldmine's Hall of Fame honors composers, specifically those who have written or co-written the most top 10 hits according to Billboard'sHot 100 (or its predecessors) from 1955 through today. To qualify, a composer's first top 10 entry must have occurred at least 25 years ago. Songs that have entered the top 10 more than once, intact or as part of medleys or sampling, are counted just once.
Since a great number of our leading composers already have been inducted, their entries will not be numbered, but will be listed in order of top 10 compositions, all of which will be shown. This will enable us to induct many more deserving composers as we push toward our final goal of 700 inductees. Writing credits will be determined by those listed as the composer on the actual records or sheet music.
(Previously inducted with the Beach Boys)
(1) Surfin USA; (2) Surf City; (3) Surfer Girl; (4) Be True To Your School; (5) Drag City; (6) Fun, Fun, Fun; (7) Dead Man’s Curve; (8) I Get Around; (9) When I Grow Up To Be A Man; (10) Little Honda; (11) Dance, Dance, Dance; (12) Help Me, Rhonda; (13) California Girls; (14) Wouldn’t It Be Nice; (15) Good Vibrations.
675. DALLAS AUSTIN
(1) Iesha; (2) Playground; (3) Motownphilly; (4) Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg; (5) What About Your Friends; (6) Secret; (7) Creep; (8) Don’t Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days); (9) Like This & Like That; (10) Ain’t Nobody; (11) Unpretty; (12) Hit ‘Em Up Style (Oops!) (13) Don’t Let Me Get Me; (14) Just Like A Pill; (15) FourFive Seconds.
(Previously inducted as a solo artist)
(1) Frankie; (2) Stairway To Heaven; (3) Calendar Girl; (4) Where The Boys Are; (5) Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen; (6) Breaking Up Is Hard To Do; (7) Venus In Blue Jeans; (8) Next Door To An Angel; (9) Laughter In The Rain; (10) Love Will Keep Us Together; (11) Bad Blood; (12) Lonely Night (Angel Face); (13) You Never Done It Like That; (14) Oh! Carol; (15) Solitaire.
676. JEFF BARRY
(1) Tell Laura I Love Her; (2) Chip Chip; (3) Da Doo Ron Ron; (4) Then He Kissed Me; (5) Be My Baby; (6) Chapel Of Love; (7) I Wanna Love Him So Bad; (8) Do Wah Diddy Diddy; (9) Leader Of The Pack; (10) Hanky Panky; (11) Baby, I Love You; (12) Sugar, Sugar; (13) Jingle Jangle; (14) Montego Bay; (15) I Honestly Love You.
677. DOC POMUS
(1) Young Blood; (2) Turn Me Loose; (3) A Teenager In Love; (4) Tiger; (5) Hound Dog Man; (6) Go, Jimmy, Go; (7) Save The Last Dance For Me; (8) Surrender; (9) Little Sister; (10) (Marie’s The Name) His Latest Flame; (11) She’s Not You; (12) Can’t Get Used To Losing You; (13) Suspicion; (14) This Magic Moment.
678. BARRETT STRONG
(1) I Heard It Through The Grapevine; (2) I Wish It Would Rain; (3) Stay In My Corner; (4) Cloud Nine; (5) Runaway Child, Running Wild; (6) Too Busy Thinking About My Baby; (7) I Can’t Get Next To You; (8) That’s The Way Love Is; (9) Psychedelic Shack; (10) Ball Of Confusion (That’s What The World Is Today); (11) War; (12) Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me); (13) Smiling Faces Sometimes; (14) Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone.
679. WILL JENNINGS
(1) Looks Like We Made It; (2) Somewhere In The Night; (3) I'll Never Love This Way Again; (4) While You See A Chance; (5) Up Where We Belong; (6) Higher Love; (7) The Finer Things; (8) Didn't We Almost Have It All; (9) Valerie; (10) Roll With It; (11) Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?; (12) Tears In Heaven; (13) My Heart Will Go On; (14) Please Remember Me.
(Previously inducted with Creedence Clearwater Revival)
(1) Proud Mary; (2) Bad Moon Rising; (3) Green River; (4) Down On The Corner; (5) Fortunate Son; (6) Travelin’ Band; (7) Who’ll Stop The Rain; (8) Up Around The Bend; (9) Run Through The Jungle; (10) Lookin’ Out My Back Door; (11) Long As I Can See The Light; (12) Have You Ever Seen The Rain; (13) Sweet Hitch-hiker; (14) The Old Man Down The Road.
(Previously inducted with The E Street Band)
(1) Blinded By The Light; (2) Fire; (3) Hungry Heart; (4) Dancing In The Dark; (5) Cover Me; (6) Born In The USA; (7) I’m On Fire; (8) Glory Days; (9) I’m Goin’ Down; (10) My Hometown; (11) Brilliant Disguise; (12) Tunnel of Love; (13) Pink Cadillac; (14) Streets Of Philadelphia.