In anticipation of its new album, The Offspring is holding a video contest with a $10,000 grand prize.
The band's new album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, drops June 17 on Columbia Records.
“We are excited to see what people will do to add their perspective and talents to ‘Hammerhead,’” said Dexter Holland.
Contest participants should create their own videos for the new single Hammerhead to compete for the $10,000 grand prize. Click here to download a free MP3 of the single and to enter the contest at http://www.columbiarecords.com/contest/hammerheadvideocontest. The contest is only open to U.S. residents. The submission deadline is June 24, 2008.
The band will pick its favorite from the top-rated videos and award prizes as follows:
• Grand Prize Winner: $10,000 (picked by band)
• Most-Viewed Submission: $3,000
• Most-Favorited Submission: $2,000
• Please do not use any videos/photos of The Offspring in your video.
• No length requirement, you can use as little or as much of the song as you like.
• Acceptance of the submission agreement required.
This is a two-step entry process. Step 1) Upload your video to the group. 2) Register your video in the contest via the entry Web page.
For more information, visit www.offspring.com.