Paul McCartney confirmed the Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition is available via pre-order here. The official release date will be May 10, via Capitol Records.
This strictly limited deluxe edition of the #1 album Egypt Station will be a one-time-only pressing limited to 3,000 numbered cases. The Traveller’s Edition arrives in a vintage style suitcase and contains exclusive previously unreleased tracks, hidden rarities and all the essentials needed on your journey to EgyptStation and beyond.
The Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition audio and video content include:
• Limited Edition Concertina Tri-Fold Deluxe 180G Vinyl Double Black Disc Pressing of Egypt Station
• Exclusive Limited Edition Bonus 180G Vinyl Pressing of Egypt Station II in "Night Scene” blue, featuring three previously unreleased tracks — "Frank Sinatra’s Party," "Sixty Second Street" and extended cut of Egypt Station single "Who Cares” — as well as four live performances of Egypt Station tracks taken from Abbey Road, The Cavern Club, LIPA, and Paul’s iconic performance at Grand Central Station
• Limited Edition Egypt Station Concertina CD
• Exclusive Limited Edition collector’s Egypt Station Blue Cassette
• HD Audio of all tracks upon shipment
• Additional rare performance footage hidden inside
The special features of the Box Set include:
• Luxury vintage-style embossed Egypt Station artwork suitcase
• An exclusive copy of a handwritten note from Paul
• Fold out, vintage-style Egypt Station illustrated map suitable for framing
• Travel memorabilia including "travel itinerary," postcards, baggage tickets and first class ticket
• Egypt Station luggage stickers
• Travel journal featuring copies of Paul’s handwritten lyrics
• Two Egypt Station lithographs of Paul’s paintings
• 500+ piece jigsaw puzzle
• Egypt Station playing cards
• And additional hidden surprises and rarities
Egypt Stationwas released September 7, 2018. The album entered the Billboard 200 at #1, making it the third Non-Beatles/Wings McCartney effort to top the U.S. chart and Paul’s first Stateside #1 since 1982’s Tug Of War—and Paul’s first solo album to enter the chart at #1. Egypt Station won unanimous praise from critics the world over: In a four-star lead review, Rolling Stone said, “Macca keeps adding new gems to his songbook, with nothing to prove except he’s the only genius who can do this… (And, oh yeah — in his spare time, he happens to still be the greatest live performer on Earth.)” London’s Sunday Times, Q Magazine and MOJO also awarded the album four stars, while The New York Times’ Jon Pareles observed, “McCartney contemplates mortality and pain while still trying to offer love and strength.” TIME declared Egypt Station “Essential… a document of McCartney’s spirit, which is still irrepressible more than five decades after the Beatles made their debut.” NPR said, “This is his best album in maybe 20 years.” People noted, “Egypt Station is a tour through the imagination of one of our greatest artists — what’s not to love? It’s a celebration of all the things that make McCartney great: hope, exuberance, open mindedness and sweet melody. These days, we need all of these more than ever.”
Paul’s Freshen Up Tour continues to pack stadiums and arenas across the globe, resuming March 20 at the National Stadium in Santiago, Chile, and running through July 13 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.