John Tefteller's World's Rarest Records latest auction ending on August 23, 2016 sold off rare quite a collection of "1960s Surf/Hot Rod/Rockin' Instro 45s" to the highest bidder.
One of the top records sold was a Beach Boys 45 on Candix (301) that was in "Mint" condition. John Tefteller described this one as a "super scarce promo copy in perfect condition." You have to take his word for it because it sold for $850.
Here are the Top 5:
- The Kresents, "Maple Syrup/Purple Checkers," Break Out 106, M, $1,600
- The Safaris, "Surfer Joe/Wipe Out," Princess 50, M-, $1,050
- The Gigolos, "La Companola/Luna Rock," Chess 1715, M-, $1,000
- Beach Boys, "Surfin/Luau," Candix 301,M, $850
- Link Wray and the Wraymen, "Slinky/Rendezvous," Epic 9343, M-/M, $600 (with sleeve)
To participate in Tefteller's next auction, go to www.tefteller.com
And for Tefteller's great Blues products, go to www.bluesimages.com